THE SOUTHERN AFRICAN ANTI-CORRUPTION CONFERENCE 2020
#SAACoC2020Towards Agenda 2030 – What the Next Decade Should Deliver to Achieve Meaningful Regional Anti-Corruption Success
- To officially launch the Southern African Anti-Corruption Network (SAACoN);
- To bring together regional CSOs, state anti-corruption agencies and development and international partners to take stock of the regional anti-corruption situation and to chart the way forward in fighting corruption;
- To gather potential partners and network members in order to do outreach about the operations and intentions of SAACoN and to invite them to join the network or support its work;
Building a generation of Integrity champions
Integrity School seeks to create a peer-to-peer learning and integrity-building environment that links theory with practice and helps young leaders to acquire skills to better convey the message of anti-corruption, introspect to be better leaders and leaders of tomorrow.
- Integrity Building
- Promoting Ethical Behaviour
- Protection of Common Property
- What is Corruption and How do we Fight It
Life is all about choices, honour and integrity is the greatest gift a person can give to themselves. You can never have an impact on society if you have not changed yourself.
“Leadership is not always about you,it is about people and often circumstances. I call upon African leaders to open up to second generation rights”.
Rigoberta Menchu Tum
“Without strong watchdog institutions, impunity becomes the very foundation upon which systems of corruption are built”.
“Having authority implies accountability. If you reject the blame for failures under your watch, people reject your leadership”.
“Democracy works, but we have to want it. Not just during an election year, but all the days in between”.
Sir Keitumile Masire
“Bad governance doesn’t just undermine service delivery, it retards development and it also drives violence”.